Global Distinction is a structured opportunity for students completing a degree at a TCS affiliate to be recognized for commitment to the pursuit of an advanced skill set acquired through intentional participation in globally focused programs throughout their educational journey.
1) Experience: Attend 4 TCS GLOBE Talks and submit a GLOBE Talk Reflection Form for each. With prior approval, applicants may choose to substitute 1 GLOBE Talk with an international recruitment or exchange activity.
- Complete a course that includes international engagement.
- Attend a study abroad program or field experience
- Attend at least 50% of the annual GEO Summit (typically held in April)
3) Final Project: Capstone paper on the impact of global exposure in one’s educational journey and application to current and future professional activity. Papers should be no more than 5 pages and include references in APA format.
Students may complete distinction requirements at any time. To allow sufficient time for review, graduating students must abide by the following deadlines to receive distinction ahead of their graduation ceremony:
Summer 2021: 6/16/2021
Fall 2021: 12/6/2021
Spring 2022: 4/18/2022
Programs for students at other TCS affiliate schools coming soon!