Study Safe Corridor TRAVEL SAFE
All-inclusive Canadian Safe Arrival and Quarantine package
for international students
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, there are some important protocols that international students coming to Canada must follow to reduce the risk of infection and transmission of the virus, including undertaking a mandatory 14-day quarantine period immediately upon arrival.
In partnership with The Student Travels and Maritime Travel, Languages Canada has created a convenient, all-inclusive, and worry-free Safe Arrival and Quarantine package for international students that includes:
- A 14-night quarantine hotel stay upon arrival in your destination city, at discounted rates
- 3 meals per day delivered to your hotel room for the duration of your quarantine stay
- Private, COVID-safe transportation from the airport to your hotel
- Comprehensive 4-week guard.me health insurance plan with COVID-19 coverage (Extensions can be made through your institution of study or online at www.guard.me under Apply for Insurance at a cost of $5.00 CAD per day)
- Access to mental wellness counselling services through Keep.me SAFE by guard.meCares for the duration of your quarantine stay
- A Canadian phone number and SIM card for your mobile device for 1 month, including 5GB of data, unlimited Canada-wide calling, and unlimited international text and picture messaging
- All necessary Study Safe documentation to ensure you are fully informed of travel and arrival requirements and have a smooth entry process into Canada
Optional Add-On Flight Package
Along with your Safe Arrival and Quarantine package, you can book your flight to Canada through Study Safe Corridor TRAVEL SAFE, which offers multiple benefits:
- Special discounted airfare reserved exclusively for students booking through Study Safe Corridor TRAVEL SAFE
- Booking services through a certified travel agent from your port of departure to your final destination in Canada
- 24-7 travel support, available in multiple languages
Why Choose the Study Safe Corridor TRAVEL SAFE Arrival and Quarantine Package?
By choosing the Study Safe Corridor TRAVEL SAFE Arrival and Quarantine Package, you are ensuring a smooth entry into Canada and that your mandatory 14-day quarantine period upon arrival is as safe, comfortable, affordable – and worry-free – as possible.
A Safe Arrival and Quarantine Package provides for:
Through every step of your arrival and quarantine process, services are provided with scrupulous respect for COVID-19 public health and safety protocols, from your airport transfer to your in-room meal delivery.
Your physical and mental health
Your quarantine package includes a comprehensive 4-week guard.me Canada insurance plan that provides for full payment, without co-insurance or deductibles, for doctor’s visits and hospitalizations for medically required urgent care, including positive tested COVID-19 coverage, as well as for paramedical care, medicines, and urgent dental care, that occur during your coverage period. Additionally, mobileDOCTOR by guard.meCARES provides access to doctors, Canada wide, on your phone, tablet, or computer anytime, anywhere 24/7. This service can provide prescription drug scripts delivered to your closest pharmacy.
We also recognize that self-isolating indoors for two weeks can seem like a daunting prospect, which is why your quarantine package includes access to mental wellness counselling in your preferred language, with counsellors who understand your culture, through Keep.me SAFE by Guard.meCARES, as well as The Wellness and Learning Initiatives Program by guard.meCARES which offers a unique learning experience for individuals by building awareness around mental health and wellness through access to our website of specially designed pre-recorded webinars to meet your specific concerns.
Your ability to connect
Included in your quarantine package is a Canadian phone number (emailed to you prior to your departure from your home country) and SIM card (delivered to your hotel in Canada). You will need a Canadian phone number to complete arrival forms at the airport once you land in Canada. The government of Canada requires a Canadian phone number for ANYONE entering the country as they may contact you by phone during your quarantine period to check on your status.
Your peace of mind
As a not-for-profit representative body, Languages Canada’s mission is to promote quality, accredited English and French language education in Canada.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, this includes supporting our members by working with immigration, border, education, and public health authorities, as well as travel, accommodation, insurance, and mobile communications service providers, to welcome international students in a responsible manner that greatly reduces the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
Languages Canada members are committed to offering international students safe and competitively-priced means of entering Canada and beginning their academic journeys, and to ensuring the health and safety of Canadians.
Follow this step by step process:
Ready to register? Follow this step by step process:
Prior to booking your Study Safe Corridor TRAVEL SAFE package, you will need to collect your travel documents and have an understanding of where your school is located within Canada. You can then click the register button at the top of this page to select your quarantine hotel location, and, optionally, add your flight package.
1. Gather your travel documents
Gather all of your required travel documents, including your passport and study permit. You will need all of these to enter Canada. You will be asked to upload a copy of your letter of acceptance, in addition to a scanned copy of your study permit during the registration process. Prior to completing your registration, please advise your financial institution that Maritime Travel (located in Canada) will be processing your credit card.
2. Have a clear understanding of your program start date
Upon arrival in Canada, you will need to quarantine for 14 days. Therefore, your flight will need to be booked and depart at least 14 days prior to your program start date.
3. Click the register button at the top of this page
Once you are ready, log into the registration site and begin your process.
4. Choose your quarantine hotel
As you proceed through the registration process, you will be required to select a hotel, depending on your school location.
5. Watch for an email from a travel agent
Upon completing your registration, a certified travel agent from Maritime Travel will be in touch to finalize and book your flight.
Quarantine in the Hotel
Spend your quarantine in one of Canada’s best hotels
The cost of your hotel stay is included in your package price, along with 3 meals per day. A full list of hotels per destination will be provided for your selection during the registration process. Additionally, you can view a full list per city below. Should you be travelling with a companion or family member(s), you will need to indicate that as part of your registration and a member of our team will reach out to you to complete your registration, and add companion packages to your payment.
Once you are ready to register your flight and hotel, a full list of hotels per destination will be provided for your selection.
Booking Your Flight
Once you log in to begin your registration, you will be brought through a series of questions, which will include your personal information, in addition to some questions that must be answered.
Languages Canada has secured discounted airfare for students attending its member schools through the Study Safe Corridor TRAVEL SAFE.
Your flight will not be confirmed at this time. Following the completion of your registration and hotel quarantine package, a member of the Maritime Travel company will reach out to confirm your flight options and help you finalize your booking. You will not submit payment for your flight during the registration process on this website, and your flight will not be confirmed until it is booked by the travel agent. The package prices you see within the registration site do not include flight costs.
It is likely that your quarantine package dates will need to be adjusted at the time of your flight booking. This will be taken care of for you, and a confirmation with all of your booking details will be sent to you for reassurance.
Maritime Travel provides International Students traveling to Canada with Exclusive student discounts with various Worldwide Airlines that offer Safe and Secure Travel by following the Canadian Federal Government COVID-19 regulations.
We will ensure:
- You are notified of all Airline flight schedule changes, flight delays, last minute border closures; and will rebook/reissue original ticket and protect you on a different flight.
- Covid-safe transportation from airport to the hotel for the 14-day quarantine with arrival instructions.
- You are up to date on COVID-19 regulations, and advise if changes occur prior to departure; including a hyperlink on each itinerary for up to date COVID regulations.
- You are connected to a 24/7 dedicated emergency travel team available via email, or phone to help you during your travels
PLEASE NOTE: Should you choose to book your own flights, Maritime Travel cannot assist stranded passengers when country borders are closed last minute or flight cancellations and delays occur.
Support for You
It's important for you to feel comfortable with this process. We are here to help.
Languages Canada, Maritime Travel, and the Student Travel companies are working together to make sure your travel in to Canada is safe, comfortable and exciting.
Should you need any assistance at all throughout the registration process, or during your travel, please email: email@example.com
The Languages Canada Mission
Languages Canada is Canada’s premier language organization representing its two official languages: English and French. Membership is limited to programs from the public and private sectors that meet the rigorous standards of the association. Languages Canada is a not-for-profit organization recognized by the Canadian government and internationally.
To learn more about Languages Canada, please visit: https://www.languagescanada.ca/en/languages-canada
Frequently Asked Questions
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the questions and answers below.
You will require a passport and study permit for entry into Canada.
For travel details please go here: www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
In addition to your government-issued documents, you will also be required to travel with:
• Letter of Acceptance;
• Quarantine site contact information, including hotel address, and transportation confirmation from airport to hotel
• Contact information for your host school;
• Print out of your Quarantine Plan
These documents must be in your carry-on luggage and should be accessible to you at all times.
You will be required to quarantine as per the rules from the Canadian Government for 14 days upon your arrival in Canada.
During this time, you must remain in your hotel room for the 14 day isolation period. If you are travelling with a companion, you may shelter in place together. However, you will not be allowed to socialize with others in the hotel.
All of your meals will be provided by the hotel via room delivery during the period of isolation. This site allows for the opportunity to outline dietary restrictions and preferences during the registration process.
When you arrive and check into the hotel, you will be required to check in with a member of The Student Travels team to ensure that all protocols are explained and in place to keep you safe. Throughout the duration of your stay, a member of Public Health will check in with you to confirm your adherence to the rules of isolation as outlined by the Government of Canada.
You may select any hotel of your choice within the packages, based on your arrival city. You will need to have an understanding of where your school is located to determine which airport you should fly in to. Should you need assistance with this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive all arrival instructions prior to your departure, based on your arrival city. Instructions on how to access your transportation will be provided, along with a telephone number to call should you need assistance.
Upon arrival at the airport, you will clear immigration and customs, then proceed through to baggage claim. From there, you will proceed through the arrivals exit where your driver will be awaiting and holding a sign with your last name. Your driver will escort you to your vehicle and then proceed to your chosen hotel. Passenger safety and wellbeing is paramount and proper protocols and precautionary measures including the implementation of physical distancing guidelines, PPE, and sanitation are in place.
In addition to regular packing requirements, please also bring:
• 60 disposable face masks OR 30 disposable and 1 reusable cloth face mask;
• One large bottle of quality hand sanitizer;
• One box of Nitrile gloves;
• A thermometer.
Please also have the following with you in your carry-on luggage: at least 2 masks, several pairs of gloves, a travel-sized bottle of hand sanitizer and some disinfecting wipes. Make sure you have the following documents available when you arrive in your carry-on luggage. You will be required to present these to a Canada Border Services Agent when going through Canadian customs and immigration:
• Study permit or permit confirmation document (if you have one);
• Letter of Acceptance;
• Quarantine site contact information, including cell phone number for the driver;
• Contact information for your host school;
• Print out of Quarantine Plan.
While in transit to the airport, in airports and during flights:
• Wear a mask and gloves;
• Wash hands frequently;
• Use hand sanitizer when necessary;
• Practice physical distancing (minimum 2 metres from others);
• Sanitize your personal space and high touch areas;
• Minimize trips to the washroom (Flush the toilet with the seat cover down);
• Touch as few surfaces as possible;
• Keep your cell phone charged.
Yes – you are permitted to travel with your spouse and / or family, and a companion. You will need to pay a supplemental fee to cover the additional occupancy in your guestroom. You will be contacted by a member of our team should you indicate that you are travelling with a companion. Please note that there is a maximum occupancy in hotels of 4 guests. Any additional guests will require a second hotel room. We will do our best to accommodate requests for adjoining rooms.
Your companion(s) must adhere to the Canadian Quarantine Act.
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within your 14-day quarantine period:
- isolate yourself from others immediately;
- contact your public health authority and follow their instructions;
- extend your quarantine to 14 days from the day your symptoms developed/
You must advise the Study Safe Corridor by emailing: email@example.com
After you arrive in Canada, a representative of the Government of Canada will call you to monitor compliance with your mandatory quarantine or isolation. We ask that you please answer calls from 1-888-336-7735.
We accept all major credit cards, PayPal* and electronic funds transfer* (*additional fees will apply).
Yes. Please ensure you have all the appropriate documentation outlined above. Please note that some hotels do not allow minors under the age of 18. Be sure to read all the details in the hotel description when booking your package. Students under 18 years of age, travelling on their own will be required to complete a parent consent form for the hotel.
We can also accept PayPal and electronic funds transfers. Please note that additional fees will apply for these forms of payment. You may be required to place a cash deposit on your hotel room upon arrival that will be refunded when you check-out.
Your SIM card will be ready for pick-up when you arrive and check-in to the hotel. The front desk will provide you with a SIM card that has been assigned to you. Within the package, you will see instructions on how to insert the SIM card, and activate it via the PIN provided in the packaging.
Your SIM Card will include:
- Unlimited Calling within Canada
- Unlimited International Texting
- Access for surfing the internet
Should you have further questions, please feel free to contact PhoneBox at 1-855-866-0505, or talk to a customer Care Associate on PhoneBox LiveChat
Your 4 week insurance coverage will begin upon your arrival in Canada, and will include:
· Doctor’s visits and access to doctors, Canada wide, on your phone, tablet or computer anytime, anywhere, 24/7. This service can provide prescription drugs scripts delivered to your closest pharmacy.
· Hospitalizations for medically required urgent care, including care if you have tested positive for COVID-19
· Paramedical care
· Urgent dental care needs that occur during your coverage period
· Mental wellness counselling service
The Wellness and Learning Initiatives Program by guard.meCARES offers a unique experience for individuals by building awareness around mental health and wellness, and provides access to pre-recorded webinars that meet your specific concerns.
You will receive a welcome email explaining in detail all of your benefits, how to access everything you are entitled to, as well as information on how to extend your coverage beyond 4 weeks should you wish to do so.